Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Running Happy!

This week children in the state of Illinois are taking the Illinois Standard Achievement Test (ISAT). If I am honest, it's a depressing couple weeks of the year and this year has been extra stressful because of the "opt-out" debate happening in CPS.

After a lot of thinking, I've decided not to share my thoughts on opting out of the ISAT on this blog. I have a lot of thoughts and would gladly have a private conversation over email or in person, but I'm just not ready to use this blog for that reason. Send me an email, we can talk.

In the mean time, look at a picture of my running buddy this week and tell me it doesn't make you smile!



Meet Chloe. Chloe belongs to my brother Adam and his girlfriend Michelle. Adam and Michelle were in Mexico drinking margaritas on the beach this week and asked at Christmas time if their new puppy Chloe could stay with us. I admit, I didn't even ask Scott and immediately said YES!

I could not have asked for a better pick-me-up during the week of ISAT testing. I admit, I have been happily rushing home after school to take Chloe on walks around our neighborhood every day this week.

Chloe and I went on "runs" three or four times each day. Chloe's version of running involves sprinting for about 3 blocks, then coming to a dead halt, sniffing around...and repeat. Nope, not the usual running style for me, but I loved every minute.

My favorite part of having Chloe stay was that she worked right into my plan of convincing Scott that we should have a dog of our own. While Chloe followed me around some, she followed Scott wherever he went and seemed to have an extra glimmer in her eye for him. Well done, Chloe. We convinced him and are planning to look for a pup of our own this spring!

So, it has been a long week of ISAT testing that drained me to the core, but it was also a week full of happiness and energy. Thank you, Miss Chloe, your timing couldn't have been better!

No comments:

Post a Comment